Thank you for visiting www.adobetec.com the official graphic and web design blog for The English Center. (Miami Dade Technical College )
Adult and Career Education Programs
Miami-Dade County Public Schools, Adult & Career Technical Education programs are designed to prepare you to enter the career of your choice through our Career Technical Education training.
Whether you decide to learn technical skills or get a college education, our Adult Basic Education Program will provide you with the foundation skills needed to begin your new career. Furthermore, our programs offer GED® Test preparation and high school completion courses.
Programs are specifically designed to help adults boost their levels of understanding with reading, writing, arithmetic and the basic knowledge required to enter post-secondary education training.
Our post-secondary training is designed to support the local workforce.
The English Center - Miami-Dade County Public Schools from Percy Ordonez on Vimeo.
The mission of The English Center is to develop students' vocational, social, technological, physical, and emotional potential in a wholesome, self-paced, supportive environment. This endeavor encourages them to become lifelong learners and contributing, ethical citizens in a multicultural and changing world.
Frequently Asked Questions1. Why choose Miami Dade Technical Centers?
- Certification and licensure programs
- Certified Instructors
- Low cost tuition
- Day and evening classes
- Financial aid available to those who qualify
(must speak with a financial aid officer at the site)
- Apprenticeship programs available
- Two forms of Identification; one must be a picture id and the
other to establish that you live in the State of Florida.
- Apprentices must coordinate through the local union
- Yes, by the Counsel on Occupational Education (COE).
- (305) 445-7731
- Academic Calendar
- However, there is open entry for most programs
- Only certain programs require a high school diploma or GED. Contact
the counselor at the school you wish to attend for more information.
- If you do not have a high school diploma we provide classes that will help you get one. We also offer GED prep classes as well.
- Vocational classes are NOT offered online.
- Minimum of 16 years of age with parent consent, not currently enrolled in high school.
9. How do I register?
- Contact the counselor at the school
Education on NBC6: The English Center the best kept secret in Miami Dade.